How to survive buying in online shop without having credit card?

April 12, 2018


As to what I've experienced, it's too hard not to have your own credit card but it's not necessary to have one, right?


PEOPLE BELIEVE THINGS
Credit card makes life easier to many people out there just because it can help them when they run out of cash but NO NO NO, not for me. I'm not even planning to get my own card just for the reason that I need to buy stuff from the online shops.
Obligations at home are more important than to have my own credit card just for now. 
I came up to this topic just in case some of you out there doesn't heard the thing called "reloadable prepaid card" in which you can use them for buying online.


WHAT IS PREPAID CARD? 
"Prepaid cards look like credit cards and spend like credit cards but there's no credit behind them. They are technically debit cards– when you use them, you're spending your own money, not the bank's. Unlike traditional debit cards, however, you don't need a bank account to use a prepaid card."

You don’t pay interest on a prepaid card as you do with a credit card. That's why I love using reloadable prepaid card.


Here we go, I am going to introduce you to the prepaid cards that I'm currently using.

1. PAYMAYA
I heard it from my office mates (as to what I remembered) about this card. You just need a mobile phone for registration and voila, you will have your own account number already. I registered for this last 2016 but still I don't avail their physical card. I'm just using my phone for any transaction that I'll do with this card.
I remember using it in BTS Wings Tour concert last 2017 because I bought it online. I don't remember having flaws with any of my transactions while using this card.
I'm so used in just loading the card in the nearest 7-eleven store with a minimum load of 100.00 per transaction.
And I like it because it is VISA accredited, you can use it anywhere as long as the store accepts VISA card as payment.



What is PAYMAYA?
"PayMaya Philippines, Inc. (formerly Smart eMoney, Inc.) is the pioneer in mobile money and payments, having established brands such as PayMaya, the first prepaid online payment app that enables the financially underserved to pay online without a credit card; PayMaya Business, the company’s system solutions provider that allows businesses to receive online and card payments anytime, anywhere; Smart Money, the world’s first e-wallet linked to a mobile phone; and Smart Padala, the leading remittance network in the Philippines with over 15,000 agents across the country. PayMaya Philippines is a subsidiary of Voyager Innovations, the digital innovations company of PLDT and Smart."
- Source: (Paymaya)

How to load up Paymaya?
Here are the loading partners of Paymaya:





And to the last one prepaid card the I'm using right now is the,

2. BPI AMORE VISA PREPAID CARD
I also heard it from my office mates. And I thought that it was good since you can load it via BPI transfer with no hassle at all, so I give it a go. I registered for this last 2017. I always use this when I buy my stuff online even on Korean online shop sites or even on Amazon.

These are the things you need to know about the prepaid card:

- How to get a card
- How to activate
- How to load your Amore card



What is BPI AMORE VISA PREPAID CARD?
"Amore Visa Prepaid Cards are reloadable Visa prepaid cards that can be used to pay for online purchases as well as purchases from shops and restaurants worldwide.
Tap and go at Visa payWave merchants, or if you have an Amore Visa Prepaid beep™ tap at MRT, LRT and BGC buses.

Purchases using your Amore Visa Prepaid does not require any PIN. When paying inside stores or restaurants, just present your card and sign the sales slip."
- Source: (BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card)


As of now, I'm using BPI Amore Visa Prepaid Card in all of my transactions online that needs credit card. It is reliable and yet you can get it easily in any Ayala Malls nationwide. Since I can load it up by using BPI transfer rather than PAYMAYA, I need to go to their partner loading stations to load up my card. That's the reason why I switched to BPI Amore Visa.

Here are the list of the online sites that I've made transaction with AMORE VISA (★) and PAYMAYA (☆):
 Althea Korea 
 Gmarket Global 
 SM Tickets 
 Amazon 
 Interpark Global 
 BTS Official Shop 
 Smart Postpaid Plan 

I hope this blog can help you in case you really need something to buy online even if you don't own any credit cards at all.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to leave a comment down below.


** I am not paid or compensated to write this post. All posted in here are 100% of my own opinion. All items featured in this post are purchased through my own means unless stated. See more information at DISCLAIMER.

Thank you for dropping by!

Support on buying me a coffee? 

: https://ko-fi.com/thelazyorlov


xoxo,
Lazy Orlov








3 comments

  1. Thank youuuuu! Have you tried using paymaya purchasing in gmarket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! 😊 I haven’t tried using paymaya for Gmarket yet but I think that you will not have any issue with it since it’s also a VISA card 😊

      Delete
  2. "I pay a visit every day some blogs and blogs to read articles or reviews, except this
    blog provides feature based writing."

    ReplyDelete

© The Lazy Orlov