Review: GMARKET (minishop: Synnara)

March 14, 2018


This is my very first review to an online shop which is Gmarket Global (Korean Site similar to eBay Korea i think). So please bear with me if I’m missing some details.
Let’s start.

08/04/17

I place my order on Synnara which is on Gmarket Global site (https://global.gmarket.co.kr/). I purchase BTS YOU NEVER WALK ALONE album.
It was my first time to order on Gmarket so i was worried if my order will get lost and not be shipped out to the right place (you know what it feels to order online, i somehow like ordering online but for this its a different feeling and i don’t know why tho)
I received an email the same day that my payment was successful.



08/08/17

The estimated weight for this package was 0.30 kg (₩8,120) but the actual weight was 0.75 kg (₩9,020) upon knowing that the weight of this is more than that of estimated weight, actually I don’t even pay for the remaining balance (i don’t know why) and later on,
I received an email that my order has been shipped out to the Philippines (so by reading the email it made me feel better)

Upon checking the status everyday actually I started it after the day it says that its been shipped out.


08/10/17
Morning of this day I checked the tracking status and it says there that it was unsuccessful delivery and it bothers me because I don’t know what to do about it.
I even tried to call the PhlPost about it but the lines are all busy. It really worries me so much because of the “unsuccesful” there.
Luckily, later that afternoon, I’m so happy because I received a text coming from the post office that my package was already there.

Trans: "Hi good afternoon, I'm from post office and you have a package here."

But I cannot make it that day because the office hours of the post office was only 8am-5pm. So I decided that I will get it on the next day.
I managed to go to the post office (08/11/17) to get my package. They said that I need to pay ₱112.00 (but seriously for what is that, you already pay for the international shipping fee and then this. SMH.) Okay after paying I signed on their book to know that I already got my package.

So here are the photos I took by the time I got my package:









Here's the timeline of my order:
Order placed: 4th August 2017
Confirmed payment made: 4th August 2017
Parcel shipped from Korea: 8th August 2017
Parcel arrived in Philippines (post office): 10th August 2017
It only took 6 days after I place my order to arrive. And it was one of the fastest shipment or rather delivery because my order comes from South Korea. (5 stars for Gmarket and also for Synnara for the fast transaction indeed)

On the side note:
I really hope next time it will arrive on my doorstep like please EMS. I’m begging you, it’s so much hassle and time consuming to go to the post office and also the fee that you need to settle.

*Hope this can help you to decide ordering to an online shop. It was fine as long as you stay calm on waiting for your package to arrive.

Support on buying me a coffee? 

: https://ko-fi.com/thelazyorlov


xoxo,
Lazy Orlov



17 comments

  1. Hi there. I came across your blog because I have been looking for a writing from Filipinos who have imported products to the PH. By the way I also ordered some stuff overseas and waiting for them to arrive in the country. From what I know, he Php 112 you paid is not a customs duty or tax (imports not exceeding Php 10k are exempt from customs duties), but a storage fee paid to the Philpost. I think that is the standard charge for all packages and parcels that go through them. As to picking them up in the Post Office, I have read that the downside of EMS as opposed to shipping them through commercial couriers, not sure though if EMS includes delivery directly to our address.

    I have my hopes up that I my first overseas shopping experience will be hassle-free.

    Thanks for sharing your experience! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your additional inputs about EMS as a courier in our country. Yes, I agree if the goods are not exceeding Php 10k you will not have to pay customs duty or tax. Also, EMS don’t deliver the package right at your doorstep and that’s the reason why it has been a hassle for me that time because I need to travel from our place to Pasay(their main office).

      Have a good day!
      And I also hope that you will have a hassle-free experience for your first overseas shopping! 😊

      Delete
  2. I ordered at gmarket yesterday using my amex card but after sending me an email that my transaction is completed, i also recieve *twice an email that i cancel my ordered and wait for a refund.which i never did. I email the cs of gmarket but no response. I dont know if gmarket is a scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel sorry then. But the cs of gmarket replies on time, try contacting them when they are online. Try clicking “Live Chat” on their homepage, that was the one I used whenever I have a question about my order with them. Gmarket is not a scam btw. I think the site have some technical issues by the time you purchase your order. I hope they will fix your issue as soon as possible. 😊

      Delete
  3. Hi thanks for your review. But does it come with a poster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Unfortunately no, since I ordered late.

      Delete
  4. Hi! What is the contact number of philpost? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just contacted them based on the text message that I’ve received.

      Delete
  5. Hi there! Tryna purchase BTS MOTS:7 Album on Weply but unfortunately my payment won't go through, probably due to the volume of consumers tryna buy all at the same time. Anyway, I am planning to get from Syannara if I really can't get through Weply. I'm from Cebu and I've tried getting a package (ARMY 6th term kit) from PhilPost and I am aware of the Php112.00 fee. However, I just wanna clarify if that would indeed be all. No more going to or paying customs, whatsoever? I am just really freaking out right now to be honest. It'll be my first time purchasing from Syannara. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don’t need to pay excess amount as long as your order doesn’t exceed to 10000php because if that’s the case you need to pay for the tax and you need to present some papers on customs (as far as I know). Try to order at CNA Philippines! They have a good service too when it comes to kpop albums. Kindly check their FB page or site. (This is not sponsored tho.) I personally tried their service and it was worth it.

      Delete
    2. Hi! I'm also from Cebu, where did you get your package? Was the delivery smooth also?

      Delete
    3. Hi, I got my package here in our post office way back. Yes, the delivery was smooth from our post office as long as your package doesn’t exceed the amount of 10,000php.

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm just want to confirm that I can put my PH address in the delivery? I read somewhere that most of the times we need a KR location warehouse for our order. Is this not the case for GMarket? Thanks a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can directly add your PH address in your Gmarket acct. As to what I’ve experienced you don’t need korean address to buy on Gmarket. 😊

      Delete
  7. HAi! i want to ask whisch type of shipment i should pick? or more better? Gmarket Global Shipping or EMS and both have additional charges. So i'm afraid it will turns out to be more expensive when it comes to additional charges for shipment. Please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now it's hard to choose EMS, since it still has a delay I think here in PH. You can order also through Ktown4u website if you know that. They offer UPS for the courier and it is much better than EMS but the shipping is more pricey than EMS. Additional charges will be based on the calculated weight of what you have ordered.

      Delete
  8. You can ship with, EZ Sourcing Group PH, they ship goods from Korea to Philippines https://www.facebook.com/EzSourcingPH/ at an affordable price around 20 to 30 days

    ReplyDelete

© The Lazy Orlov