My story with KDrama | List of my favorite KDrama

March 28, 2018

[Updated: 23-May-2020]
Nowadays, even teenagers know what’s kdrama is all about.

WHAT IS KDRAMA?
K-Drama comes from the word itself, Korean drama. It comes with different series/episodes wherein you will spent it with your whole heart watching every scene.
There’s a different kind of feeling when you’re infront of the screen trying to witness the moment that you’ve been waiting for to happen (somewhat in your own life too, am I right? coz that’s what I wish for..kinda :D)

I dont know where and when i started to enjoy kdramas. But I’ll tell you guys honestly that there’s this saying, “once you started, you can never go back” and this is what I feel right now almost everytime when I start a new drama series on my rest days. I usually watch for a new series on my rest day but I can’t help it, I just take my time to watch even on break at the office because I cant resist the cuteness of the main characters of the drama. Like what?! I'm just a simple person who really like ugh! you know the feeling if your a Korean drama fan too. It’s surreal in a way that we are the one’s who will really understand it.

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT?
It brings motivation and also inspire me to reach my ultimate goal in life. It also brings me joy and wanting the feeling of being in love again. Sometimes I actually think that as if I'm the main character of that story and as usual it will have a happy ending. But that's not the reality goes, you have to take many obstacles or even problems in life because not all that we used to see in the drama happens in real life. It can be just a fantasy, but who knows? it may happen to us too.

LET'S BEGIN!
So here I am trying to list down the most meaningful and unforgettable  KDramas that I already watched throughout the years, even way back or fresh from South Korea’s tv telecast.

List of my favorite K-Drama:
(I will keep this blog updated because as time goes by there will be more k-drama's to binge watch for, so sorry about that guys)

1. DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN
2016
KBS2
Episodes: 16

Plot:
A love story between Captain Yoo Shi Jin, Korean Special Forces, and Doctor Kang Mo Yeon, surgeon at Haesung Hospital. Together they face danger in a war-torn country. (Source: Wikipedia)

What can you say about the drama?
First of all, I am a fan of Song Hye Kyo and I love her so much and she's so pretty and not aging at all. Omo~ I love how the writer come up with the whole story. Somehow it can be based on true story but a little bit of not. I love how Yoo Shi Jin fall in love at first sight with Kang Mo Yeon, My heart fell on the ground while watching this. *bboing bboing*

What’s the best scene and what are the things are learned from it?
I really love the scene wherein the recorded voice of Kang Mo Yeon was heard by Yoo Shi Jin, the way she confess her feelings was the best. And also the last scene that Yoo Shi Jin appeared from nowhere, I thought he really died and it made me cry knowing he's alive.
I learned that if you love someone no matter what happens you will stay by his/her side and you will do the best you can to protect him/her.

Will I recommend it?
Yes, of course. If you haven't watch this, try watching this and you will never regret spending your time on finishing this drama.

Rating: 5/5




2. BIRTH OF A BEAUTY
2014
SBS
Episodes: 21

Plot:
Han Tae-Hee is the heir of a large company. He is suffering from a broken heart syndrome due to a psychological shock. To get the woman he loves back, he completely changes an unattractive and overweight Sa Geum-Ran to beautiful Sara. In the process, Han Tae-Hee falls in love with Sara. (Source: AsianWiki)

What can you say about the drama?
At first sight with the lead male character I thought it was Seungri of Bigbang. They actually looked alike, somehow? However, I like this drama because I know many people like to have perfect face and body, this drama suits them well. I love the chemistry of these two. *wink*

What’s the best scene and what are the things are learned from it?
The day Tae Hee fall in love with Sara, although he already know the past and the appearance of her before, he still manage to appreciate and accept her with all his heart.
I learned that appearance is not the based for falling in love with someone but it's how true your feelings to that person is enough.

Will I recommend it?
Yes, of course. If you haven't watch this, try watching this and you will never regret spending your time on finishing this drama.

Rating: 5/5



3. THE K2
2016
tvN
Episodes: 16

Plot:
Kim Je-Ha is former solider for hire. He is also called K2. He is hired as a bodyguard by Choi Yoo-Jin. Choi Yoo-Jin is the wife of a presidential candidate and the daughter from a chaebol family. Meanwhile, Ko An-Na is the secret daughter of the presidential hopeful. She is also a recluse. (Source: AsianWiki)

What can you say about the drama?
Sometimes I want to watch action series and luckily I found this, and I also love both of the lead characters here. They looked so good together and the story was amazing. From the first time they met and until they fall in love was unexpected although we know it by the way. It was a good wrap up of the whole drama, I really love how it ends.

What’s the best scene and what are the things are learned from it?
Of course, when An-na fall in love with Je-Ha. And also the action scenes they have in the drama was beyond my expectation.
I learned that even you don't know what could happen to the both of you even if your life depends on it, you will still take the chance to conquer it just for the sake of the person that you love the most. That's what love is. *cry*

Will I recommend it?
Yes, of course. If you haven't watch this, try watching this and you will never regret spending your time on finishing this drama.

Rating: 5/5


4. GO HO'S STARRY NIGHT
2016
SBS
Episodes: 20

Plot:
Go Ho (Kwon Yuri of Girl's Generation) is a 29-year old woman who works at an advertisement company. Five men, including Kang Tae-Ho (Kim Young-Kwang), Hwang Ji-Hoon (Lee Ji-Hoon), Oh Jung-Min (Shin Jae-Ha) approach her. (Source: AsianWiki)

What can you say about the drama?
I just recently watched this, I know it's a bit late already but who cares? LOL. I first saw this video in the Facebook, the scene was at the cafe and Go Ho was choosing what should fit for her taste as of that moment. At that time, I searched it on the web and started watching it. I admire how Kang Tae Ho, hold his feelings for Go Ho. I really enjoyed watching this drama or rather web drama because every episode only comes with just less than 20 minutes airing. I really hope that I can also have a boss like Kang Tae-Ho, mygoodness! But in reality this can’t happen.

What’s the best scene and what are the things are learned from it?
The best one was when all of the men in the company have feelings for Go Ho and how they compete for her.
I learned that feelings need to be expressed and if you really love someone show them your real feelings towards them.

Will I recommend it?
Yes, of course. If you haven't watch this, try watching this and you will never regret spending your time on finishing this drama because it's full of fun and excitement. Daebak!

Rating: 5/5



5. MY LOVE FROM THE STAR
2013
SBS
Episodes: 22

Plot:
Do Min-Joon is an alien who landed on Earth 400 years ago during the Joseon Dynasty period. Do Min-Joon possesses a near perfect appearance and enhanced physical abilities involving his vision, hearing and speed. Do Min-Joon holds a cynical view to human beings, but he falls in love with actress Cheon Song-Yi. (Source: AsianWiki)

What can you say about the drama?
This drama makes me fall in love again even though he's an alien (hahaha LOL) and this was the first drama of Kim Soo Hyun that I've watched. I really like how the story goes. K-Drama is the best when it comes to this kind of genre.

What’s the best scene and what are the things are learned from it?
I'll never forget the one that Do Min-Joon go back and forth for Cheon Song-Yi at the end. Even though that's the ending scenario still they make a great chemistry together.

Will I recommend it?
Yes, of course. If you haven't watched this, try watching this drama. It will make you cry, fall in love and gives you happiness and also feel the excitement whenever you finish one episode.

Rating: 5/5




6. GOBLIN
2016
tvN
Episodes: 16



7. HWARANG : THE POET WARRIOR YOUTH
2016
KBS2
Episodes: 20






8. FIGHT FOR MY WAY
2017
KBS2
Episodes: 16







9. I'M NOT A ROBOT
2017
MBC
Episodes: 32







10. OH MY VENUS
2015
KBS2
Episodes: 16








11. THUMPING SPIKE 2
2016
Sohu TV
Episodes: 20








12. FLOWER BOY RAMEN SHOP
2011
tvN
Episodes: 16






13. YOU ARE THE BEST! LEE SOON-SHIN
2013
KBS2
Episodes: 50





14. BOYS OVER FLOWERS
2009
KBS2
Episodes: 25






15. PLAYFUL KISS
2010
MBC
Episodes: 16





16. FULL HOUSE
2004
KBS
Episodes: 16




17. ENDLESS LOVE : AUTUMN IN MY HEART
2000
KBS
Episodes: 16



18. ITAEWON CLASS
2020
JTBC
Episodes: 16


19. CRASH LANDING ON YOU
2019
tvN
Episodes: 16



20. BEL AMI (PRETTY MAN)
2013
KBS2
Episodes: 16




21. A KOREAN ODYSSEY
2017
tvN
Episodes: 20





22. REPLY 1988
2015
tvN
Episodes: 20




23. HOTEL DEL LUNA
2019
tvN
Episodes: 16



24. STRONG GIRL BONG-SOON
2017
JTBC
Episodes: 16



25. HER PRIVATE LIFE
2019
tvN
Episodes: 16




26. WHAT'S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM?
2018
tvN
Episodes: 16




27. CINDERELLA WITH FOUR KNIGHTS
2016
tvN
Episodes: 16



28. HEALER
2014
KBS2
Episodes: 20



29. DREAM HIGH (SEASON 1)
2011
KBS2
Episodes: 16



30. SHE WAS PRETTY
2015
MBC
Episodes: 16



31. MY SECRET TERRIUS
2018
MBC
Episodes: 16



32. THE HEIRS
2013
SBS
Episodes: 20



33. MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO
2016
SBS
Episodes: 20



34. LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA
2016
SBS
Episodes: 20



35. IT'S OKAY, THAT'S LOVE
2014
SBS
Episodes: 16



36. THE WORLD OF THE MARRIED
2020
JTBC
Episodes: 16



Support on buying me a coffee? 

: https://ko-fi.com/thelazyorlov




xoxo,
Lazy Orlov



2 comments

  1. good information, i am waiting for http://thelazyorlov.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-story-with-kdrama-list-of-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for information , i am waiting for Sweet home season 2 Episode 1

    ReplyDelete

© The Lazy Orlov